Regional Sales Manager, Home Care Solutions, I & I-1700240
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
** This role requires the person to be in Florham Park regularly. Therefore, the preferred candidate will live in or move to the tri state area.
At BASF, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
Regional Sales Manager, Home Care Solutions (HCS) and I & I builds, manages and coordinates a strong commercial position for Home Care Solutions in North America by thoroughly understanding the business, by gleaning market feedback on customer needs and new application opportunities and by facilitating the sales of a strategic, profitable product mix by cooperation with Marketing, Technical and Product Management.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead a team of approximately 8 sales professionals in continuous pursuit of sales excellence.
- Formulate and implement regional short- and long-term plans for new business opportunities / new target accounts in alignment with Business Management, controls, policies and programs under the direction of senior management to achieve approved sales and profitability targets.
- Be responsible for strategic development of the regional account strategies and ensures account plans are fully executed with all internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Strengthen relationships and reach into customer organizations to build advocacy with the right partners.
- Direct the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volumes, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, and monitor the projected effects of these forecasts on the business sector's investments and earnings.
- Ensure timely forecasting from team members for major customers in territories.
- Monitor market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and governmental, legislative and regulatory matters.
- Be responsible for providing necessary tools and internal information to team to increase efficiency of account managers and customer focus of internal partners.
- Develop measures to identify, develop and capture new opportunities at developmental accounts and drive opportunities to closure through strong pipeline management.
- Serve as key contact for problem escalation and resolution with customers.
Regional Sales Activities
- Hold decision-making power in regards to the steering of account managers, resource management and split of tasks & responsibilities within the team in order to optimize customer-facing time.
- Facilitate and foster the people development process and best practice/knowledge sharing.
- Monitor territory growth development and prepare periodic reports including sales pipeline scorecard, sales forecasting, monthly sales and market profit.
- Be responsible for continuously improving regional sales forecasting accuracy based on interaction with Supply Chain.
- Monitor and take action to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and optimize customer segmentation and cost to serve; works closely with Corporate Distribution to manage account transfer after annual customer segmentation review process.
Customer Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain executive relationships at important customers and networks with potential future customers.
- Ensure customer account plans and contact/visit reports are current in CRM and meet performance expectations.
- Promote and enable the development of skills and competencies within the sales community, including best practice sharing.
- Make key decisions in sales related matters including contract negotiations.
- Drive and monitor account planning.
- Work closely with Product Management and Supply Chain in order to continuously improve the demand planning and validation process.
- Set account and territory sales and profitability targets.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential.
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units.
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance.
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally.
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity.
- Execute performance and career development discussions.
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy.
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's Degree required. A technical degree is preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in a territory sales and/or regional sales or business management role required. Experience in marketing, technical and/or operations functions is a strong plus. Home Care Industry or specialty chemical products experience required.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and management of people. Supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in a high performance cross functional team environment.
- Ability to provide experienced based strategy development and coaching to maximize sales channel effectiveness.
- Possesses excellent professional selling, coaching and negotiation skills along with established analytical skills and project management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and strategic planning tools preferred.
- Travel 50%
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA