At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Care Chemical division. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division's high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com
Senior Financial Analyst (1700325)
You will be based at the North America BASF headquarters in Florham Park, New Jersey, reporting to the Business Financial Manager, Home and Personal Care Solutions. Under minimal supervision, you will be responsible for financial analysis associated with forecasting, planning and the preparation of capital appropriations for Global and Regional Key Accounts within Care Chemicals. The analyses can be operational or strategic in nature, and may include economic analysis support to marketing and manufacturing. Additionally, you will support the manager in monitoring actual performance against operating plan, forecasts, and prior periods highlighting potential problem areas requiring management attention, as well as making recommendations for resolution.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Serve as business partner for the Global and Key Regional Accounts
- Own financial responsibility for the Global and Key Accounts P&L and Balance Sheet
- Review and follow up the resolution of data on month end information. Review of profit and loss information in SAP to investigate and coordinate the correction of mayor deviations from normal.
- Perform financial analyses associated with cash flow and accuracy of monthly forecast with actual results.
- Provide financial competitive and customer analysis of the market in coordination with the market intelligence team
- Support SBU strategies from a regional perspective
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly profit/loss position for the key customer business.
- Coordinate gathering/assembly of marketing and sales data and forecast monthly and annual profit/loss position for the business
- Perform non-recurring evaluations of various what if business scenarios.
- Create management, control and steering tools.
- Assist in the preparation and development of Operational Plan and Forecasts
- Act as the financial representative global and regional key account customer negotiations
- Create measurement tools and presentation graphs for management.
- Coordinate management reporting for Global Key Accounts
- Prepare global business updates for top management meetings
- Conduct financial analysis of global and regional key accounts in coordination with the market intelligence team
- Support account managers and product management with detailed and actionable pricing statistics, analytics and quality checks to identify critical areas for improvement and optimize profitability
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.