Education: Bachelor's degree in public health, epidemiology, social science, biostatistics/statistics, project management appropriate to position required. Master's preferred. Certified PMP encouraged but not required.
Experience: Two (2) years of research coordination experience with at least one (1) year in health services research specialization.
Have past experience in managing projects including the management of project budgets. Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, data management, and data analysis using analytic tools (e.g. SAS, R-Analytics, excel, ArcGIS, or other) to produce study related outputs or reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination of people.
- Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of people both internally and externally.
- Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple complicated tasks in a timely manner serving as a project coordinator.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in fast-paced, deadline driven environment, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take a lead role in performing and directing various advanced, routine, and other project related maintenance procedures.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills with Ability to perform data analysis using analytic software (e.g. SAS, excel, ArcGIS, or other).
- Ability to gain knowledge and meet the reporting needs of UMB policies and practices for Institutional Review, Human Protections as well in the execution of Data Use Agreements.
- Knowledgeable in data analysis to provide support using analytic tools (e.g. SAS, R-Analytics, excel, ArcGIS, or other) to produce study related outputs or reports.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday Friday, 8:30am 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.