Position Overview: This position provides office reception and support for the CFANS Advising Center, as well as support for CFANS Student Services, International Programs and MAST International, Admissions, Alumni Relations, and Diversity and Inclusion. This position also provides administrative support to the Director of Student Services, including but not limited to meeting scheduling; assists with new student orientation/registration; plans and supports events, and oversees student employees.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Advising Center Reception and SSO Administrative Duties: 30%
- Provide culturally inclusive reception services to all visitors to CFANS Advising Center which includes greeting and checking-in students, answering questions and providing information, answering phones and routing calls
- Manage Advising and Student Services Office email accounts, responding to inquiries or forwarding to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule rooms for meetings and events.
- Manage technical equipment such as laptops and projectors for staff check-out.
- Manage office equipment such as copiers/printer, postage machine, etc. arranging for repair and maintenance as needed.
- Distribute office mail; post outgoing mail.
- Maintain office and staff-kitchen supplies, including monitoring inventory and ordering.
- Maintain and update internal student records-related forms; e.g. major form, second major form, petition for reinstatement form, etc. Inventory and order business cards, stationary, office-plaques, etc.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the Center as well as the cleanliness/tidiness of the copy/mail room and the kitchen.
- Support and assist with the new student orientation and registration program.
2. Administrative Support to the Director of Student Services: 35%
- Manage the calendar for the Director.
- Support Director in preparation for staff meetings, UPRC meetings, Student Scholastic Standing Committee, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program/Research Apprenticeship Program and Undergraduate Research Program Committee, Welcome Week, and Norway International Field Study Seminar.
- Support/assist the Director with student services processes.
- Gather information for the Student Scholastic Standing Committee (SSSC) and the Director for all student-related administrative forms for scholastic committee review.
- Assist with other administrative forms related to student issues and student inquiries.
- Provide administrative support for student services processes such as 13 credit exemptions, registration overrides, and petition processing.
- Assist with and/or assign miscellaneous projects as requested by the Director.
- Process student requests for change of major, minor, or advisor, by noting change in electronic student record, including communicating changes to relevant parties.
- Update electronic student records within the electronic student filing system (“Perceptive Content”)
- Send mass email communications from SSO to students, as directed.
- Send mailings for admissions’ recruitment efforts, as directed.
- Attend and take minutes at monthly UPRC meetings.
3. Supervision of student employees: 15%
- Supervise and train a diverse group of part-time student employees: manage the interview and hiring process, and develop student worker training materials.
- Direct and delegate work, monitor and approve hours worked, facilitate work-requests from staff, check for accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks, and monitor timelines and deadlines.
4. Office of International Programs’ Support: 10%
- Answer the OIP main phone line, and route calls and messages appropriately.
- Coordinate, support, and manage projects for international program directors such as group travel, event support and class meeting details, receipt collection, and assist with administrative forms.
- Assist with student records and tracking student data in regards to study abroad programs.
5. Academic Advisor Support: 5%
- Track, enter and update advisor assignments as necessary
- Assist academic advising staff with reports, advising holds, PeopleSoft and calendar issues.
- Provide back-up support of academic advising staff by oversight of the master calendar, appointment scheduling, and distribution of information to advisors.
6. Event Support: 5%
- Participate in and provide support for collegiate events such as new-student orientation, commencement, Global Engagement Fair, career fairs, the college picnic, the scholarship banquet, and new-student recruiting events.
This position is union represented (AFSCME Locals 3800 and 3801 Council 5, AFL-CIO). Union dues or fair shares will be deducted from your paycheck.
Hiring salary range of $32,000-$35,000 (dependent upon previous relevant experience and qualifications)