Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1404
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Grant Administrator for the Office of Research. Under the direction of the Assistant Dean for Research, the Grant Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of assigned projects, grants, contracts and all other accounts and related functions associated with research and sponsored programs activities at NJMS.
- Ensures that both pre and post-award activities comply with Federal, State, University, and Sponsor requirements.
- Provides guidance to faculty, administrators, and other staff on proposal development and grant applications for external support
opportunities from Federal, State, Corporate and other funding agencies.
- Analyzes fund balances to determine burn rate calculations for progress reporting, carry-over requests, projections, and close-outs of research/grant awards.
- Performs and assists with reconciling award activity of expenses to budget in order to avoid cost over-runs per Sponsor and University
guidelines and preparation and submission of Journal entries for all salary and non-salary expenses, fringe corrections/accruals, and F&A distributions.
- Assist with resolving issues, working with faculty, sponsored program administrators, university administration and internal and external constituents for grant and non-grant (restricted) accounts.
- Develops communication and education opportunities to promote sponsored programs activities.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge and expertise of Federal and State agency regulations, policies, procedures and laws applicable to sponsored programs activities. Understanding of proposal development, finding funding, Institutional Review Board regulations, clinical procedures and protocols, and other grant-related activities. Knowledge of computer programs, including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Outstanding human relations and leadership skills and the ability to function in a team environment are required.
Department: NJMS-Office of Research