| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department is seeking a Big Data / DBA III (SQL Server/Hadoop/Splunk) to join their growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with strong SQL Server skills that are interested in learning and working with big data platforms such as Hadoop and Splunk.
As a DBA III, you will:
- A self-starter who wants to enhance their knowledge of new technologies and grow with a leading, world renowned cancer center.
- An excellent communicator and team player.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, MIS, or a related field with 2-4 years of experience with SQL and other data platforms.
- Splunk skills (preferred), include development and support of dashboards, understanding forwarders, search heads, indexers, scalability, and monitoring.
- Hadoop skills (preferred), include understanding the Hortonworks HDP stack (i.e. HDFS, Ambari, HBase, Storm, PIG, etc.), monitoring and scalability.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, Python, Java, NoSQL along with some .NET skills is helpful.
- Working knowledge of heterogeneous data flows, SANs, replication, BI and High Availability would be helpful but not required, (will be required to learn in the position).
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.