| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are an expanding team of research, clinical and computational investigators working in cancer genomics with a focus in blood and childhood cancers. Our mission is to establish a fully integrated research program that coordinates basic scientific discovery, early-phase clinical trials, and drug development. As part of the center’s clinical and research investigations we are generating a wealth of genomic annotation data. To support and inform both ongoing and future research in cancer, we are building end-to-end infrastructure for large-scale innovative experimental and computational methodologies.
As a Senior Research Technician you will:
Lead the implementation, testing and operation of high-throughput molecular assays to include genotyping, next generation sequencing, single-cell (G&T seq, Smart-Seq2, Drop-Seq) and high depth sequencing incorporating unique molecular indexes.
Establish protocols, troubleshoot and document laboratory standard operating procedures for laboratory assays.
Present research findings on conferences, and publishes articles in peer reviewed research journals.
Work together with research and computational scientists in the group to support the design execution, analysis and interpretation of data from the following assays:
- High-throughput multiplex genotyping by digital PCR or microfluidics
- Next generation sequencing (RNA, DNA, ATAC-seq) assays
- Single-cell RNA sequencing or combined DNA and RNA profiling from single cells (G&T-Seq).
- Deep next generation sequencing using unique molecular indexes.
- Standard molecular profiling assays.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters level in molecular genetics or relevant discipline with at least 3 years’ experience, in running high-throughput PCR, sequencing and genotyping assays and at least 1 year experience in novel assay development and implementation.
- Experience with liquid handling equipment and familiar with new and emerging technologies.
- Independent thinker, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to generating accurate data, ability to meet deadlines, and demonstrated experience in multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and aptitude in interacting with clinical and research collaborators.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.