| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is the world's oldest and largest private institution devoted to prevention, patient care, research and education in cancer.
MSK’s Library is seeking an Associate Librarian, User Services. This is a senior level position which reports to the Director of Library Services.
Committed to outstanding service and to implementing innovations that meet the needs of our users. The Library supports the institution’s mission to improve patient care, support clinical and laboratory research, and enhance education. We select, acquire and provide relevant scientific and medical information and services. Customized training programs are available to optimize access to information.
- A strong, motivating leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- An innovative individual who will bring new ideas to the library to improve the users’ experience.
- A person who is passionate about delivering quality information.
- A professional, collaborative team player.
- Manage 5+ staff which includes professional librarians as well as contractors and interns (when needed). Carries out administrative duties including salary planning, annual reviews, and career development.
- Spearheads and manages the overall library operation that touches on customer services functions. Develops and executes plans to incorporate technology to support the modern library as well as implement new/improved operational processes, workflow activities, new user services, and policies.
- Oversee the marketing and communication function of the library, develops and drives innovative end user training and awareness campaigns.
- Leader and key participant on library project teams.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent experience in a health science environment.
- Eight to ten years of Library and Information Management experience with progressive employment history showing increased responsibility and management experience.
- Must demonstrate managerial skills and capabilities and experience working across departmental lines and deep experience working with internal customers and external vendors.
- Knowledge and a deep range of experience with software tools including web development and design, client survey instruments, needs assessment tools, knowledge databases and online training software (for developing courseware and managing the ongoing program).
- Expertise in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience working with current technologies that support library services, information discovery and knowledge management including automated library systems, library portal applications, underlying support tools, and web development and design.
- Experience using emerging technologies for metadata management and delivery.
- Knowledge of discovery tools, metadata practices supporting discovery, and applying controlled vocabularies and ontologies specifically in a library context.
Please upload a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
Work Week: 37.5 hours
Library Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 7:00pm, Monday - Friday
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.