| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Pathology at Memorial Sloan Kettering consists of disease-specific pathologists, molecular diagnosticians, and researchers with expertise in a range of solid tumor types as well as hematopathology. We are currently seeking a Histology Technologist to process fresh and fixed tissue for histology preparations used in human-tissue based research.
- Section paraffin and frozen tissue specimens as requested (on slide, Eppendorf tube, plate)
- Receive, embed and process tissue specimens using a Tissue processor
- Perform Immunohistochemistry (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH) and Hematoxylin Eosin staining for evaluating and analyzing tissues
- Coverslip slides (manual and automated methods) for microscopy
- Label slides (Eppendorf tubes or other containers),verify patient and specimen information on logs against corresponding block and slide
- Assist pathologist in tissue macro and microdissection for the isolation of the tissue specific cell components
- Construct multi tissue blocks (TMA) by using automated Tissue microarrayer (Beecher)
- Maintains necessary records, including iLab histology request logs
AAS degree with knowledge of biology, chemistry
2 years experience in histopathology techniques
ASCP-HT certification required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.