| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Inspection: Inspect and test generators, and all other plant machinery and equipment to ensure the safe and efficient operation.
Application of Skill: Operate, repair, replace, maintain and install parts of physical plant machinery and equipment (e.g., heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems, and medical support equipment) in the hospital and nearby Outpatient facility. Responsibility includes, but not limited to, ALL electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, mechanical, and light carpentry throughout the facility. Reads, interprets and records all systems data. Corrects abnormal environmental and systems conditions (e.g., temperature variations, loss of utilities, steam and water pressures, quality variances in water systems).
Service: Responds to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service
Additionally any other tasks as assigned by the Manager and/or Supervisor.
Hours : 1:00PM - 9:00PM Monday - Friday, Weekends as needed.
- High school, vocational trade school or equivalent
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 years experience with sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty independently. Demonstrated mechanical ability and ability to apply same. Demonstrated understanding of refrigeration cycles, heating, cooling, air and water conveyance systems as they apply to HVAC or
- a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, facilities management with a United States Coast Guard license and NYC Refrigeration System Operating Engineer Q-01 or Q-99 Certificate of Fitness or
- a Bachelor of Technology in Facilities Management, Environment Controls with one (1) year experience and NYC Refrigeration System Operating Engineer Q-01 or Q-99 Certificate of Fitness
- Preferred Education (optional): Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with advance degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, facilities management
- New York City Refrigeration System Operating Engineer Q-01 or Q-99
- New York City G71 (Supervision of piped non-flammable medical gas) (ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- New York City G-29 (Safe use of flammable gases above 6 psi) (ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- New York City G35 (operate air compressors) (ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- New York City G79 (use and storage of cryogenic liquid /gases) (ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- New York City S12 and S13 (Standpipe and Sprinkler Certificates) (ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- New York City P98 (Supervise Fuel oil piping & Storage in Buildings) (ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Other New York City certificates or licenses may be required depending on building / site requirements within 12 months of hire
- New York State Pesticide Applicator Certificate
- Building Operator Certificate
- Fire Safety Director Certificate
- Special Skills and Abilities:
- Building Management Systems (BMS) experience (Johnson Control System, Siemens Control System, Honeywell Control System, Allerton Systems, Andover Systems and/or Delta Control Systems) is preferred.
- Operated large tonnage centrifugal chillers and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools, rigging equipment, instruments such as pressure gauge testing devices, manometers, air/water flow meters, pneumatic instrumentation calibration and testing equipment, pyrometers, steam trap analyzers, heat flow sensors and tachometers Ability to enter and retrieve information using computer application programs.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. Ability to complete forms.
- Mathematical skills; knowledge of advanced math (equations, geometry) and analytical skills also required.
- Ability to interpret and read diagrams, sketches, operating and maintenance manuals, and manufacturers’ specifications and blueprints is required.
- Ability to enter and retrieve information using computer application programs such as electronic mail, word processing, work order and maintenance management, building automation and other monitoring systems.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.