| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Performs sanitation duties (e.g., cleaning, mopping, dishwashing, pot washing and other related duties) within the various locations of the Food and Nutrition Services department.
- Ensures all equipment and supplies are operational and available at workstation.
- Cleans, sanitizes and stores pots/pans, dishes and silverware; cleans and sanitizes all Food and Nutrition Services department equipment (e.g. kettle, ovens, mixers, refrigerators).
- Sweeps, mops and cleans assigned areas.
- Ensures supply of dishes and utensils throughout the Main Kitchen and Retail areas.
- Collects and disposes of garbage and other trash & recycling collections.
- HS Diploma/GED.
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions.
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift. Ability to push, pull and lift heavy items weight up to 50 lbs.
- One year of warewashing/postwashing experience in restaurant, hospital, school etc. and/or Porter experience including cleaning of kitchen appliances/utensils etc. strongly preferred.
Varying hours between 6am – 12pm
One weekend monthly
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.