| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Pathology is responsible for performing all pathological testing of tissue, GYN and Non-GYN specimens, blood and submitted pathology slides. Histology Technicians at MSK are a dedicated, diverse group known for their expertise, ingenuity and compassion. They provide comprehensive processing and dissection of tissue specimens.
- Approachable to diverse groups of individuals, making others feel comfortable in varying situations.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and commitments.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex situations.
- Process fresh and fixed tissue specimens for surgical, anatomical, and investigative histology preparations under supervision.
- Perform assigned quality control procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities as scheduled, documenting on appropriate logs.
- Maintain neat and accurate documentation of data
- Bachelor’s Degree required (unless grandparented per NYS requirements)
- Experience in histopathology techniques
- Must meet requirements for NY State Clinical Labs Licensure
- New York State Department of Education Laboratory Technologist license required
- ASCP-HT certification preferred
- Two years of experience strongly preferred
Evening shift: 2:00pm - 10:00pm (days vary)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.