| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We Are: The Department of Pathology - a collaborative team focused on one goal: delivering the proper scientific diagnosis in the most expert manner.
We receive approximately 25,000 major surgical resection specimens and perform about 45 autopsies annually. We have recently completed renovation of our entire Surgical Laboratories - Gross Room, including 15 ThermoFisher senior grossing stations, Histology Lab and IHC Lab.
We are offering Sign-On and Relocation Bonuses for Pathologist Assistants pending completion of 6 months employment*
* A problem solver, who can manage complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
* A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
* Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* An effective communicator, capable of developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of difference audiences.
* Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
* Provide comprehensive assistance regarding the gross description and dissection of surgical tissue, and thrive under the guidance and supervision of outstanding Pathologists.
* Work at one of our facilities in New York City
* Show flexibility regarding work shift - current availabilities have varying days and hours.
* Bachelor of Science from Pathologist Assistant Program (Master’s preferred)
* At least 3 years of experience in specimen grossing
* Excellent communication skills - including verbal, written and computer
* ASCP Certification strongly preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.