| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Assistant Clinical Director of Patient Access Service
The assistant clinical director provides leadership to the Patient Access Nurse Coordinators, in collaboration with the Director, by ensuring the Institution’s strategic growth plan and priorities for clinical programs are achieved. Contributes and implements initiatives that promote an environment assuring ease of access and quality service for all. Oversees the daily operational functions, staff management and clinical decision making.
- Knowledgeable about business and the marketplace and able to apply this knowledge to advance the organization's goals.
- A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles in order to get work done.
- Building effective teams where team members apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Able to operate effectively, even when circumstances are un clear or the way forward is not obvious.
- Recruit, orient, and develops Patient Access Nurse Coordinators and other staff.
- Utilize oncology expertise to assess inquiries/requests by reviewing the intake of information or by speaking directly with callers.
- Ensure the quality of care delivery, with an emphasis on all clinical components.
- Implement institutional initiatives and administrative goals to maximize access for new/potential patients to MSK.
- Collaborate with the Director and other leaders to improve overall long-term effectiveness of the program through review of new visit appointment availability, referral patterns, and by ensuring that the right staff is in place to achieve departmental objectives.
- Bachelor’s of Nursing (BSN)-Required. Master’s degree is a nursing area is highly preferred.
- 10 years+ experience as a clinical RN in Oncology.
Shifts: Four 10 hour days, M-F#LI-TA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.