| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Server Automation Engineer to join our dynamic team. The Server Automation Engineer will install/configure/customize configuration management solution. Provide maintenance and support for server automation infrastructure. Maintain administration documentation. This position will participate in a 24x7x365 support rotation. The Server Automation Engineer will utilize their Windows Server administration skills to support MSKCC server environment and recommend suggestions and enhancement to improve Windows server environment health.
- Provide expert level BMC Bladelogic Server Automation administration and troubleshooting guidance to Server Administration team.
- Maintain, manage, support and document OS provisioning, Patch Management, Compliance and Auditing, Remediation, Application packaging for Windows Server Infrastructure.
- Be responsible for defining and documenting process for BSA.
- Help in deploying automation in Windows server infrastructure through BSA.
- Leverage BSA for centralized configuration management and automation for Windows server infrastructure.
- Be responsible for configuring and managing compliance across Window server platform.
- Generate reports and create dashboards as requested by management. Responsible for generating static and dynamic report using Report Studio.
- Be responsible for writing custom report queries.
- Provide 24x7x365 support for Windows server environment. Demonstrate strong server administration skills on Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2012R2.
- Participate in complex troubleshooting exercise on Windows Server platform.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware issues on HP, Cisco or any other server hardware in Datacenter.
- Seasoned engineer with great troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Keeping up with latest technology and industry trends.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred or relevant experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as System Administrator is preferred.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in configuration management system such as BSA, SCCM, Altiris or any other with capacity to support and manage components such as OS provisioning, Compliance, Remediation, Packaging, OS patching, reporting etc.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Windows Server Administrator with Windows Server 2008 and/or 2012 in a large production Datacenter environment.
- Experience in High Availability technology such as Microsoft Windows Clustering and other load balancing technology.
- Experience in working with VMware ESX/ESXi (vSphere 5.x and above) technology.
- Experience in Windows scripting technology such as WMI and PowerShell.
- Hands-on working experience with HP ProLiant and c-Class blade servers.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals as well as networking services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, Active Directory etc.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.