| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Secretary III in Radiation Therapy will provide administrative and clerical support to the Chairman’s Office, Administrator, Materials Coordinator, and Executive Assistant. Under supervision, processes assigned tasks within projected timeline, schedule meetings and distribute information, utilize office automation to create memos, reports and business correspondence. He/ She will maintain departmental files and help in the overall workflow within the Chairman’s Suite.
- Prepares, proofs and process documents for approval and/or distribution utilizing office automation (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Creates, manages and maintains neat, organized, accurate and up to date filing systems for academic and administrative office.
- Tracks Chairman’s expenses. Assist with scheduling travel, meetings and other task delegated by the Executive Assistant.
- Performs various clerical duties to contribute to the smooth operations of the Chairman’s suite. Provide clerical support to Chairman’s office and Administrator. Manages Administrator’s calendar and schedule meetings as assigned. Assists Chairman’s assistant on special projects to complete such tasks typing, copying and distributing correspondence/paperwork, and filing
- Work: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-4:00pm
- Bachelors degree with 4-7 years of related office experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask in a high volume office
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In order to be considered for an Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.