| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Research Technician in the Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program (HOPP) under direct Principal Investigator supervision you will assist investigators in research activities, carry out assigned laboratory duties according to standard procedures, and provide support to all technical staff, graduate students and postdocs.
- Prepares routinely used reagents, stains, immunological assays, casting electrophoresis gels, isolating and purifying substances, and making analytical measurements
- Maintenance of Mouse Colony: Responsible for animal health checks, shipments, transfers, weaning, recording birth data, tail cutting, tail bleeding, and genotyping
- Performs animal breeding and genotyping. Perform in vitro studies including injecting animals (tail vein injections), collecting and harvesting various tissues and fluids, performing animal autopsies, making chemical identification and analysis, retro-orbital bleeding, performing drug administration by introperitoneal injection or oral gavages
- Operates equipment and instruments such as microscopes, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, pH meters, and other standard laboratory equipment
- Performs simple analysis and calculations, records and writes reports and experimental findings
- BA or BS in Biological or Natural Science (or other majors if >1 year experience)
- At least 6 months of undergraduate research experience with some animal care and experimentation experience
- Experience with animal handling, molecular biology, mammalian tissue culture, Western Blot, ELISA, PCR, etc.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.