| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a Lab Supervisor for our Cell Marker Laboratory in New York City.
We are: Taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
* Passionate about lab medicine's impact in cancer diagnosis and treatment
* A conceptual thinker, with a focus on innovation
* Able to demonstrates a working knowledge of the capabilities, goals, and vision of the lab medicine department
* a good communicator
* Able to develop collaborative partnerships
* A leader with a focus on results and a deep commitment to learning
* Flexible, as Days / Hours vary
* Lead and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Cell Marker Lab
* Ensure efficient and effective operations and to meet the needs of the physicians and staff utilizing the services.
* Lead a team of 16-20 technologists and technicians
* Establish and maintain a network of contacts to help understand emerging issues and make informed decisions. Identify who to involve and when and how to involve them to accomplish objectives and minimize obstacles.
* Ensure quality service to ensure the best care for our patients.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.