| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Hours: M-F, 9AM-5PM; flexibility required
Responsible for on-going facility maintenance, medical and non-medical equipment maintenance, purchasing and support in a Surgery/Medicine environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facility Maintenance
- Participates in weekly facility inspections to identify environmental problems and ensure an appropriate level of appearance, cleanliness and safety in accordance with the standards of the institution and facility.
- Responds to phone calls, emails and work order requests from all staff.
- Creates purchase orders thru EReq or on paper requisitions *Ensures that requests have the appropriate level of workflow approval prior to processing order *Monitor COGNOS regularly for issuance of purchase orders, (po number, date created, date submitted to vendor).
- Clinical Equipment Management Support
- Liaison with clinical staff to identify equipment that requires repair or inspection. Troubleshoots malfunction issues for immediate resolution (i.e., replacement of parts for uroflow units, vital sign monitors, bladder scanners, etc.) in lieu of contacting outside service and preventing delays to clinical operation
- Operations Support/Maintenance of Office Equipment
- Handles the delivery and removal of furniture on and off the floors
- Ensures telephone requisitions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follows up with Telecommunication as needed.
- Financial/Administrative Support
- Utilizes a variety of COGNOS queries to ascertain a spend analysis for identified projects
- Maintains departmental binders
- Keeps track of costs on equipment repairs; making recommendations for replacement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years prior work experience. Demonstrated experience coordinating projects with multiple departments, facility maintenance and office services.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Cognos and working in a healthcare environment preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.