| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Physician Office Assistant will manage and maintain the patient base and large number of referrals to the practice for Dr. Howard Scher, Chief of the Genitourinary Oncology Service at the Sidney Kimmel Center for Urologic and Prostate Cancers. The Genitourinary Oncology Service is dedicated to the treatment of prostate cancer, testicular cancer, bladder and upper-tract urothelial cancer, and kidney cancer. Our objective is to foster synergy between scientific research and clinical practice, and to ensure that promising scientific discoveries are used to develop new diagnostic tests and treatments for patients.
In this role, the Physician Office Assists will function as the primary contact for patients; handle heavy telephone volume, ensuring that callers are assisted in a timely, efficient and courteous manner; schedule patients’ tests, appointments, and procedures; update and maintain electronic medical records; coordinate with clinical and administrative staff; create letters and submit necessary paperwork for patients and physicians.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Use your strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support a practice by providing administrative support to the clinical team.
- Ensure patients are assisted in a timely and courteous manner by functioning as the primary contact for the practice where you are responsible for scheduling patients’ tests, appointments, and procedures.
- Update and maintain the electronic medical records (EMR), coordinate with clinical staff, and submit information to payers for pre-certification approvals.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of one year of administrative experience OR a High School Diploma plus at least four years of relevant experience. 1 year of POA (Physician Office Assistant) experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Computer skills required
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.