| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse Specialist-Geriatrics
We are: At MSK, we recognize and champion the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist and how it enhances the clinical setting and the value it provides to our patient population.
Our highly skilled nursing team at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) includes of over 40 Clinical Nurse Specialists. Each of us is dedicated to delivering excellence in the art and science of professional nursing, consistent with our mission to provide compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities.
- Provide clinical leadership in the areas of nursing practice, education, consultation and research.
- Lead the NICHE initiatives and provide support and mentorship to Geriatric Resource Nurses across the center.
- Ensure the inclusion of the principles of geriatric care into the multidisciplinary treatment plan of geriatric patients across the inpatient/outpatient treatment continuum.
- Demonstrate positive patient and staff quality outcomes as it relates to nurse sensitive indicators and patient and staff satisfaction.
- Disseminate MSK oncology nursing practice standards and outcomes thru abstract submission, podium presentation and evidence based research findings Promote a patient centered environment through collaboration with the nurse leader and multidisciplinary team.
- Support and foster Relationship Based Care in all aspects of care delivery.
- Current NYS RN and CNS licenses/registrations
- National certification
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience in an advanced nursing role caring for geriatric patients strongly preferred
- Self-direction and strong interpersonal skills are essential
For further information on obtaining a NYS CNS Certification, please visit the Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification Information Page.
Hours: 10-hour day shifts, Monday - Friday #LI-TA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.