| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Administrative Secretary to the Division Head of Subspecialty Medicine.
The Subspecialty Medicine Division consists of consultative services which provide general medical care to patients undergoing cancer treatment at MSK. The division includes the Cardiology, Pulmonary, Gastroenterology/Nutrition, Infectious Diseases, Renal and Endocrinology Services. We are seeking an Administrative Secretary to support Dr. Eric Pamer, Division Head.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manage and maintain academic and research oriented medical practice, provide administrative support to the Division Head, the Pamer Lab, and assist the Administrative Coordinator (AC)/Administrative Manager (AM) in support of the division as necessary.
- Perform various clerical and administrative duties, including but not limited to a strong focus in grant submission, physician calendar management, recruitment/promotions, organizing extensive travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements, meeting minutes, and special projects to contribute to the smooth operations of the department.
- Prepare/produce accurate documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required.
- Complete required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; use correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls; cross-cover other lines as assigned.
- Assist and participates in divisional projects.
- Use your strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support a practice by providing administrative support to the clinical and lab teams.
- Bachelors degree preferred plus one year of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Grants and contracts experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail and organizational skills
In order to be considered for an Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.