| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Compliance Department at MSK is seeking an Institutional Compliance Manager of Hospital and Physician Billing to join our team.
As the Institutional Compliance Manager, you will:
- Manage a team consisting of auditors, analysts and data analytics professionals.
- Administer the activities of the billing compliance program, including execution of the billing compliance work plan, quarterly review of departmental compliance monitoring reports, and ensuring compliance with Federal and State reimbursement regulations through training, monitoring and documented policies and procedures.
- Participate in the annual billing risk assessment process to identify areas of focus for the Compliance Department’s annual work plan.
- Throughout the year, routinely monitor the environment for new risks that may arise from internal or external factors and advise the Director.
- Design and conduct audits, either as defined by audit plan or in response to an ad hoc report or discovery.
- Assure the timely and effective conduct of audits in accordance with departmental standards.
- Develop written reports, recommendations and collaborate with auditee department leadership to complete management corrective action plans based on audit results; periodically monitor to determine if corrective actions have been implemented.
- Develops and maintain standard operating procedures for assigned areas of responsibilities. Assist in the development of written policy and procedure for key institutional risk areas; identify physician and hospital billing risk areas for which institutional policy would be appropriate.
- Participate in investigations that involve physician or hospital billing issues, as assigned by the Director or the CO.
- Establish working relationships with key department heads and staff members throughout the institution.
- Serve as a member of the institutional billing compliance committee and participate in standing and ad hoc institutional committees and work groups to address issues related to hospital or physician billing. Assume leadership role within the institution in assigned area and interface with Administrators, Service Chiefs, physicians and administrative staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) and a minimum of 4 years of experience in healthcare billing, hospital operations, corporate compliance, or healthcare consulting.
- Professional experience managing a team.
- Strong project management experience.
- Ability to multitask and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Impeccable communication skills and able to address a variety of audiences with ease.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.