| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Provide day-to-day Windows administration and 24x7 support. Sr. Windows Engineer must be extremely proficient and possess hands-on experience in the areas of hardware and operating system installation, configuration and support in an Enterprise (i.e. 1500 + servers) environment. Sr. SE must also demonstrate proficiency in virtualization technologies, configuration and support. Experience with HP servers (rack mount and c-Class Blade platform) a must; knowledge of Cisco UCS & IBM hardware a plus. Sr. SE must be adept at handling multiple projects and tasks as well as tailoring communications to suit the intended audience.
- Perform Installation, deployment and on-going maintenance of Windows Systems (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2).
- Provide support and consultation to regional locations.
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability, performance and security of the system(s).
- Modify or create processes to ease day-to-day administration & support tasks.
- Author new and / or update existing documentation on servers & procedures to maintain accuracy.
- Schedule hardware / software installations, patching and upgrades and confirm compliance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot various issues (i.e. hardware break / fix, performance, etc.), respond to escalations and perform repairs as needed.
- Participate in rotational 24x7 support duties.
- Strategize and evaluate new options and toolsets for server maintenance and continual process improvement.
- Drive operational automation and departmental projects.
- Seasoned engineer with great troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Keeping up with latest technology and industry trends.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- 5 to 8 years as a Windows Server Administrator with MCSE certifications (or equivalent experience) in Windows Server 2008 and / or 2012.
- 3+ years’ experience with VMware ESX / ESXi technology (vSphere 5.x and above)
- 4 + years of experience in fast-paced high-availability large production environments.
- Must have hands-on experience working with current and older HP Proliant & c-Class Blade servers.
- Expertise in general Windows Server installation, build, administration, security, backups & restorations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows Scripting technology such as PowerShell, WMI and Batch scripting is a plus.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with networking services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP etc.
- Experience working with Windows clustering technology, configuration management system such as SCCM, Hyper-V cluster and SCVMM.
- Experience in Windows Active Directory infrastructure and configuring GPOs.
- Experience in planning, designing and executing IT infrastructure project.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.