| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research within this lab focuses on identifying disease biomarkers that could predict which Lymphoma patients will benefit from new targeted therapies. We are a currently seeking a Senior Research Technician to assist investigators in the conduct of various research activities of the laboratory.
As a Senior Research Technician you will:
- Perform routine and complex tests procedures accurately according to the laboratory procedure manuals
- Maintain cell lines routinely used in the laboratory.
- Culture primary cells, continuous cell lines and primary tissues.
- Prepare whole cell, cytosolic and nuclear extracts, isolate and purify RNA & DNA.
- Perform cell proliferation assays, Chromatin Immunoprecipitation, Western Blot, PCR, ELISA, microscopy, flow cytometry
- Record data, keeps computer files and prepares summaries for audits.
- Attend lab meetings and reports technical lab procedures on a routine basis.
- Assist in the organization of the laboratory.
- Attend biosafety lectures as required and keeps abreast of developments in the field.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Biology with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.