| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. Our extraordinary scientists and clinicians work together to drive innovation and tackle some of the greatest challenges of biomedical science. The Research Study Assistant (RSA) will be an integral member of the Office of Clinical Research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executin communications based on that understanding.
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Have a good grasp of Medical terminology and an interest in science.
- Be responsible for data collection including utilizing appropriate methodologies to collect human subject information for a research project, database and/or protocol.
- Generate data reports and deliver to all necessary parties on the progress of research project, database or protocol.
- Conduct regular quality assurance checks of the data to ensure its accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure that all appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations are followed throughout the research project, database or protocol, and that research protocols are approved by Institutional Review Board and all regulatory documentation is completed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and manuscripts.
- Provide clerical and administrative support as needed.
- Excellent Communication, Information and Time Management, Administrative and Computer Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree OR High school diploma with 2 years medical or research experience at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK)
- A genuine interest in health disparities research and basic understanding of community based participatory research
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.