| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As the environmental Service Aide you will be responsible to maintain a safe, clean and well-organized environment for patients, their family, visitors and staff.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Seven step Cleaning – Clean all assigned areas within timeframe established in department guidelines.
- Waste / Soiled Linen Handling – Follows established hospital/ department procedures for handling, containment, and disposal of general, infectious waste and soiled linen as outlined in the department manual.
- Standard Precautions – Utilizes documented procedures in the infection Control Policy and Procedures manual and personal protective equipment to prevent the spread of infection to patients, visitors and staff.
- Project Work – Performs projects work as requested by Manager, Supervisors , Leads, responds to emergency requests and assists with furniture moves.
- Periodic Maintenance – Maintains all surfaces utilizing departmental procedures for cleanliness and appearance as outlined in the Environmental Service Aide Manual and in training.
- Chemical Knowledge and Use- Demonstrates knowledge of proper chemical mixture, usage, storage, and labeling as outlined in the Environment of Care Manual and the Environmental Service Aide Manual.
- Safety / Care for Environment – Maintains safety guidelines when performing all functions as outlined in the Department Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Performs small moves
- Attend meetings as scheduled per department and hospital
- Completes all required EHS testing and hospital mandatory training.
- Use of cardboard bailer and trash compactor
- Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions in English
- Ability to use floor cleaning equipment ( vacuums, scrubber, burnisher, carpet extractor )
- Ability to stand for a long period of times, to walk, bend and push various items .
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 Lbs.
- Some basic computer knowledge
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Days; Monday thru Friday with weekends flexibility when needed
MSKCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.