| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking to hire a part-time licensed Occupational Therapist (OT) or Physical Therapist (PT) to join our team in Westchester County, NY. Adult Therapy experience in an outpatient setting is desired. At MSK, we offer world class training within our rehabilitation service focusing on opportunities to develop innovative, therapeutic programs for a diverse patient population. Patient-centered treatment, individualized care, and participation in a team approach is what MSK therapists provide with each interaction. Strong clinical skills and a dedication to the oncology population are required.
- Provides quality occupational or physical therapy services to adult patients utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions in addition to creative and patient specific treatment techniques to maximize patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure optimal patient care is achieved throughout the entire outpatient episode
- Documents all clinical activities, and maintains statistical records per department guidelines
- Engages in projects and activities to advance professional development
- New York State Licensure required
- Occupational Therapist: Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapist: Doctorate of Physical Therapy (tDPT or DPT) preferred
- Experience in Oncology and Outpatient setting preferred
- The ability to train in and occasionally travel to NYC location
Hours vary between 7a- 6p, M-F
Approximately 18.75 hrs/week
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.