| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Physician Billing Department is seeking a Charge/Data Entry Group Lead to assist the Supervisor in the day to day functions of the team to ensure timely completion of departmental responsibilities and goals. The Group Lead acts as an expert resource to staff in systems proficiency, interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Assist the Supervisor in reviewing and setting priorities; organize and delegate work to team of specialists.
- Take part in the training and development of new and existing staff; provide feedback to Supervisor on new and existing employee’s performance and job knowledge.
- Prepare, process screen and maintain departmental records and reports.
- Participate as an effective member of the Production Leadership Team.
- Input and update data into billing system, document repository system, spreadsheets and databases.
- Prepare and update time sheets; order supplies and perform other administrative tasks when necessary.
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED is required. A Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in data entry, Healthcare Billing and/or leadership experience preferable.
- Experience using Excel and Word is a plus.
- Detail oriented, well organized and possess the ability to maintain accuracy and production under pressure to meet departmental goals and deadlines.
- An excellent communicator.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.