| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time.
Join us and make a difference every day.
- Someone who readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning
- Handles and manages crises effectively
- Support open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Follows through on commitments and acts with a clear sense of ownership
- Known to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner
- Builds and delivers solutions that meets customer expectations
- Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Review requisitions and Order Entry orders, verifies accuracy of corresponding specimens, and enters required data into computer. Procures daily normal control
- Perform technical procedures to include bone marrow and peripheral blood slide review, ficoll separation, monoclonal antibody staining and flow cytometric immunophenotyping analyses, with supervision.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files. Prepare results for analysis and enters test results into the computer, with minimal supervision.
- Create neat, accurate, well-formatted documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures. Perform routine equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area. Maintain adequate inventories of reagents and supplies.
- Bachelors degree in Clinical Lab Sciences or Medical Lab Technology
- New York state Certified Clinical Lab Technologist required
- ASCP Certification preferred
- Basic computer skills (Word and Excel)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.