| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Director, Process Engineering, who will report directly to both our EVP and Hospital Administrator and our Deputy Physician-in-Chief. Together they are creating a new, dynamic and innovative team. The Director, Process Engineering will lead the identification and execution of opportunities for continual process, product and system improvements, leading teams that identify, design and implement solutions using sound engineering principles, including Six Sigma and Lean methodology. Our expectations are that the efforts will result in one or more of the following: improved process, quality and capability; increased efficiency and productivity; improved reliability; reduce costs and enhance revenues; education and training and greater overall system capability.
- Passionate about process engineering and its breakthrough impact
- Creative, flexible, and able to thrive in an ever changing, dynamic environment
- Highly collaborative, possessing effective negotiation skills
- A dynamic leader possessing the ability to inspire trust and creativity in their team
- Able to show a clear connection between people's motivators and organizational goals
- Collaborate with MSK clinical and operational staff to develop an understanding of customer requirements; define project goals and objectives through literature review, brainstorming and identification of appropriate methodologies.
- Lead, plan and conduct all aspects of the process design review.
- Oversee associated development builds.
- Support end to end process development expertise ranging from early process definition up to project commercialization and process optimization.
- Develop solutions for complex problems by innovating, designing, and developing processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
- Use scientific methods to prove process capabilities and statistical tools to analyze process data in support of process development.
- Assess process capabilities, prioritize process improvement opportunities, and implement
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Identify project tasks, completion of major deliverables, and timeline
- Manage project tasks and allocates resources in consultation with the project team which will include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, managers and support staff.
- Lead technical direction as specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards
- Collaborate with various MSK departments on project goals, objectives and timelines to assure timely and effective project implementation and support.
- Manage the delivery of business and technical reporting solutions
- Develop innovative solutions related to quality metrics, outcome modeling, case mix acuity, process of care and performance data analysis
- Identify appropriate metrics to assess baseline and monitor progress.
- Use run/control charts, Pareto principle or other methods to evaluate data and report finding and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the IS department to facilitate automation of standard, recurrent data acquisition, management, analysis and reporting; serve as data management and analysis consultant for appropriate custom performance measurement and research projects.
- Initially this role will be a single contributor, leading cross-functional project teams, but will be asked to develop a staffing plan, hire and train new team members (i.e. process engineering professionals) as needed.
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or Operations Management is preferred
- MBA, MHA, MPA or other relevant graduate studies with Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering and/or related field will be considered
- 7-10 years related industry work experience
- 3-5 years managing a team of direct reports
- Lean methodology training or certification; Quality Training (SPC or Six Sigma preferred)
- Demonstrated project management skills within a healthcare setting
- Excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills
- The ability to interpret complex statistical data
- Expertise in Minitab, Auto-CAD or other project design software
- Experience with SPSS, Stata, SAS, or comparable statistical package
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.