| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK's Patient Access Service Department is currently seeking a Patient Access Assistant who will act as part of an administrative and clinical team to assist in the transfer of information and resolution of all new visit requests for physician services at the Center. The Patient Access Assistant also maintains data related to Departmental activity, responds to caller requests for information about the Center, physicians, and/or services; and directs callers to appropriate resources according to such requests.
- Performs various clerical duties to contribute to the smooth operation of the Department
- Receive, sort and log all incoming faxed information pertaining to patient referrals via multiple Departmental fax lines/mailboxes. Manually distribute faxes to the appropriate staff member
- Investigate questionable or unclear faxes/mail/internet requests (i.e. missing or incomplete information) in order to bring to resolution
- Maintain files of PRS/PAS phone activity reports in a neat, organized manner
- Assign the Department’s online appointment requests to the appropriate staff member
- Assist with the Department calendar by scheduling time off when needed
- Scan/save medical reports following the standard for identifying files
- Prepare daily reports related to New Visit scheduling volume for participating Services.
- Update daily/weekly/monthly phone system reports related to Department call volume.
- Prepare any ad-hoc phone system/volume-related reports (e.g. Marketing lines).
- Assist with data entry/updates in the Department’s online Reference Guide.
- Answer calls with the Department name and identifies self, offer assistance to each caller.
- Respond to caller requests for information about the Center, physicians, and/or services; direct callers to appropriate resources according to such requests.
- Greet all arrivals to the Department and identify the nature of the visit.
- Maintain clean, safe, well organized work area and contribute to the upkeep of the Department work environment.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of health care related experience; preferrably in a patient service related role
- A minimum of an Associates Degree is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Ability to handle acutely ill outpatients in stressful situations
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.