| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department at MSK is seeking a Sr. Enterprise Operator to join our Evening/Night shift. This is an advanced and most senior technical level in Enterprise Operations. The Sr Enterprise Operator has greater knowledge and experience in specific COE (Common Operating Environment) operations.
- Monitor the Enterprise and Facilities environment and take required action when necessary
- Document, follow-up and resolve problems
- Interact with the user community and provide Help Desk support during assigned shift, off-hours and weekends
- Act as the lead to oversee all data center activities in the Supervisors’ absence
- Perform routine day-to-day Windows Server administration functions
- Use EMS (Enterprise Management Services) products and/or manual procedures to maintain the continued operations of all network components, mainframe and client /server systems
- Monitor production batch schedules running in a multi platform environment
- Document the status of shift activity and communicate all relevant information to ensure smooth and accurate turnovers
- Perform librarian functions, as a backup or in an emergency, when needed to ensure daily Disaster Recovery and off-site vaulting processes are run and completed
- Very skilled with batch processing, enterprise monitoring, and Windows Administration
- Able to exercise substantial independence of judgment in performing job duties
- Able to follow documented procedures with complicated instructions
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Associate’s Degree ore Certified Vocational Training in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering required
- 2-4 years of related work experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.