| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Part Time Laboratory Technologist III to join the Department of Laboratory Medicine. We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Review requisitions and orders, verifies accuracy of corresponding specimens, documents specimen collection information in LIS, accurately, and updates, as necessary
- Perform technical duties in laboratory sections, as assigned.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs routine and advanced equipment maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Lab Sciences or Medical Technology
- 6 years of experience OR 4 years of experience with Master’s degree
- NYS Clinical Laboratory License
- ACSP Medical Laboratory Scientist Certification
Monday-Thursday 4pm-8pm. Friday Flexible hours
For further information on MSK’s Laboratory Medicine including our new state-of-the-art laboratory, please visit the Department of Laboratory Medicine's Information Page.
Check out the Department of Laboratory Medicine’s videos on Smart & Passionate People: Laboratory Medicine & MSK One.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.