| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of General Counsel is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant who will perform a high level of administrative and executive duties to facilitate seamless and efficient operation of the legal department while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Smart, energetic and have the ability to think critically and function with limited oversight.
You will provide administrative services to in-house attorneys by:
- Triaging various requests and questions presented to the legal department
- Assuring strict confidentiality pertaining to all legal documents, communications and other activities of the department
- Maintaining correct, up-to-date risk management data base, and statistics for trending purposes, including cases opened, case closed, and potential claims
- Notifying and following up with appropriate individuals and departments concerning action required in response to legal documents
- Collecting documents and information as requested by legal staff
- Maintaining and organizing files
- Obtaining necessary signatures for verification of legal documents, and notarize requisite signatures
- Transcribing dictation and providing word processing assistance for legal staff; generating charts and reports upon request
- Maintaining calendar, scheduling meetings and conference calls, coordinating meeting rooms for outside counsel with MSK staff, and arranging for necessary equipment
- Screening and reviewing mail and incoming calls, taking messages or directing calls and mail when appropriate
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 4-7 years of experience; preferably with at least 1 year of experience in the legal field\
- Notary license or will obtain one within 9 months of hire
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Word Perfect) is required
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data pertaining to professional liability claims and other sensitive matters
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.