| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Rehabilitation Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center provides physiatry, physical therapy and occupational therapy to both inpatients and outpatients.
As a Rehabilitation Assistant, you will:
- Work with other Rehabilitation Assistants within the service and assist in patient care as directed by a licensed Physical or Occupational Therapist in an inpatient setting.
- Take on various housekeeping, clerical, and maintenance tasks that are critical to the smooth operation of the Rehabilitation Service.
- Escort and assist patients before, during, and after Physical / Occupational Therapy treatment sessions
- Maintain an adequate level of supplies to meet patient care needs
- Maintain records per Rehabilitation Service guidelines
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized work area and contribute to the upkeep of the service work area
- Provide minor maintenance to rehabilitation equipment, monitor equipment for signs of wear and tear, and manage durable medical equipment levels
- A High School Diploma
- A minimum of one year of experience in direct care responsibility in an acute hospital setting, rehabilitation facility, or nursing home.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge
- Mechanically orientation
- Good organizational skills
- PT or OT school enrollment preferred
Facility Hours of Operation: 7-7p
Days / Times: 5 days/week, weekends included; Hours: TBD
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.