| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Counseling Center is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support their Comskil Training team by assisting with the administrative functions of the Comskil Training Program. Partnering with the Manager of the Comskil Program as well as the the faculty leaders of Comskil; the Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
Program Administrative Coordination:
- Organize required materials for Comskil training sessions, which includes module booklets, copies of articles, role plays, sign-in sheets, evaluations, faculty PowerPoint presentations, and facilitators’ folders. Attends to additional preparation tasks required for Comskil training sessions, which includes coordinating training dates, maintaining the Comskil training session calendar, communicating with departmental Program Coordinators, sending training materials and information to training participants and facilitators prior to training, assisting with creating the Individual Session Schedule, and arranging for IT support, ordering supplies.
- Maintains schedule for each training session and assures that CME requirements are met.
- Under the direction of the Manager of the Comskil Program, coordinate training participants for SPAs (Standard Patient Assessments), contacting actors (TES staff) for SPAs and training session day(s), and coordinating actors' schedules.
Training Day(s) Coordination
- Works with theManager of the Comskil Program, and Training Assistants to coordinate hands-on functions (logistics) including technology checks, coordination of materials, facilitator participation, Audio Visual coordination, managing audio recordings and providing instructions to actors.
- Solely responsible for coordinating training room/area set-up, reception, conducting facilities check and escalating facilities issues appropriately, organizing refreshments/meals, distribution of module evaluations, distribution of CME sign-in sheet, and distribution of certificates.
Database Maintenance/Report & Presentation Preparation
- Assists in maintaining databases and spreadsheets, including events, participants, payments, confirmations, mailing lists, faculty, and facilitators.
- Responsible for the management of the Comskil ID application database and the training database and furnishes database reports upon request.
- Helps faculty leaders for Comskil prepare and edit PowerPoint presentations and end-of-year training reports including Program Director Letters, Department Chair Letters, Facilitator Letters, and Final Year-End Report.
- Assist the Research Data & Training Coordinator in supporting the program’s technology software as needed.
- Responsible for updating, via Public Affairs, the Comskil Laboratory and Training Program internet and intranet site to ensure that the most current information is available both internally and externally.
- Responds to inquiries from Program Directors, participants, actors, facilitators, and hospital administrative and support staff.
- Uses knowledge and judgment of Comskil Laboratory and Training program activities when communicating and following through with information and/or action.
- Attend Communication Skills Education Program for Oncology (R25) administrative meetings to discuss training session logistics and to take meeting minutes.
- Prepares agenda prior to meeting and distributes minutes within two days after the meeting.
- Attend the Scientific Advisory Board (affiliated with the laboratory/program) meeting to record recommendations and to take minutes.
- A Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- The ability to operate a computer and software such as word processing, MS Word, Access, Excel and database applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with professional staff and support staff both within MSK and outside
- Good proof-reading skills
- experience with heavy complex scheduling and event coordination
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.