| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a Manager to join our Research Fund Management (RFM) team. Research Fund Management, a unit in the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA), is responsible for post-award grant administration, including the comprehensive financial management of MSK's organized research support.
As a Manager in Research Fund Management, you will:
- Report directly to the Director, Research Fund Management
- Serve as a member of the ORPA Management team and collaborate with ORPA leadership (Director, RFM; Director, Grants and Contracts; Director, Research Financial Planning; Director, Clinical Research Finance; Sr. Manager, ORPA Operations), VP, Research and Project Administration and Research and Technology Management divisional leadership, as appropriate, to plan and implement new programmatic initiatives affecting department activities and staff.
- Manage the activities of a team of Research Fund Managers to ensure the most professional, organized, efficient and appropriate workflow and management of MSK research funds in an environment that encourages staff development, continuous improvement, and the highest quality service.
- Act in a leadership role on the ORPA management team, mentoring and participating in high-level projects and communicating effectively to constituents and peers regarding departmental and institutional initiatives and financial strategies.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with institutional goals
- Able to effectively navigate complex policies and processes across an organization
- Capable of creating a work environment where people are motivated to do their best
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve desired outcomes, goals and results
- Effective at building partnerships and collaborating to meet shared objectives
- A Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree or professional school equivalent (M.H.A., M.S.N.. M.B.A., etc.) is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in research administration and 4 years of supervisory experience.
- The ability to apply broad technical and professional knowledge and significant job-related experience to function as an internal consultant and/or assume managerial responsibility in a specialized functional unit of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational abilities as well as information management, verbal and written communication skills.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.