| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Our Physician Billing Department (PBD) is comprised of 200+ professionals and supports internal advancement and movement. The Cash Posting Representative is responsible for entering approximately 400 physician payments, adjustments into IDX daily according to PBD policy and procedure. The Representative reviews all batches received daily for completeness and accuracy prior to posting payments and posts insurance payments according to EOBs including calculating contractual allowances when applicable. This role provides an opportunity to learn more about Physician billing and provides an entry into hospital administration, finance or professional billing.
- Be responsible for resolving exceptions, from payment paper batches & electronic files, and transcribe system batch information to corresponding logs.
- Be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks necessary for Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) postings, including: loading and processing EDI/ERA files, naming batches, performing balance control, and reconciling the transactions posted to the check deposit amount.
- Meet all “End of month” requirements and departmental performance standards.
- Perform required tasks in GE Centricity Business 5.1 (IDX), using Excel and 10-key calculator for reconciliation purposes.
- Other duties include: Payment, Zero-Payment and Adjustment Posting, reading and interpreting EOBs.
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.