| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Decontamination of Instruments, Rigid Scopes and Equipment: Follow Departmental, manufacturer, and regulatory guidelines while performing assigned duties in the decontamination area. Complies with Hospital Infection Control practices.
- Check decontamination equipment for proper function. Operate equipment according to Departmental and manufacturer guidelines.
- Inspect and prepare surgical instruments for cleaning and decontamination.
- Decontaminate surgical instruments, rigid scopes and equipment.
- Receive, tag, and process non bar-coded instruments from clinical areas and patient floors
- Clean and disinfects patient care equipment.
Assembly and Packaging: Fellow Departmental and manufacturer guidelines in the assembly and preparation of surgical instruments.
- Assemble all basic instrument sets.
- Assemble all complex/specialty sets (This task should be performed by CPD Technician II only after proper training has been provided).
- Demonstrate a working knowledge in the assembly and preparation of instrument sets for the appropriate method of sterilization.
Sterile Storage, Distribution and Case Cart Assembly: Assemble case carts and distribute items in accordance with Departmental policy and procedure
- Utilize the instrument management system to accurately document the distribution of trays and individual instruments during the case cart assembly and distribution process.
- Assemble case carts in sequence of the surgical schedule in accordance with Pick List.
- Place items in case carts to ensure easy access, visible label and to support good ergonomics.
- Central Processing Certification Required
- High school Diploma or G.E.D.
- 4+ years of relevant experience (preferred)
- Ability to read, write and understand basic instructions
- Some heavy lifting
- Some heavy pulling & pushing
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working with hazardous chemicals
- Working in area with high temperatures
- Visual concentration
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.