| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Decontaminate, package, hi-level disinfect, and sterilize surgical instrumentation, rigid and flexible endoscopes, and other patient care equipment. Perform supply inventory management activities as assigned. Ensure work environment is maintained in accordance to departmental and regulatory guidelines. Assists with the training of department personnel to new procedures and equipment.
- Decontamination of Instruments, Rigid Scopes and Equipment
- Follow Departmental, manufacturer, and regulatory guidelines while performing assigned duties in the decontamination area. Complies with Hospital Infection Control practices.
- Assembly and Packaging
- Fellow Departmental and manufacturers guidelines in the assembly and preparation of surgical instruments.
- Follow Departmental, manufacturer, and regulatory guidelines while performing assigned duties in the sterilization area.
- Hi-level Disinfection And Flexible Endoscope Processing (Tech 2 and above assigned to Scope processing)
- Follow Hi-level disinfection procedures in accordance with Departmental, manufacturer, and regulatory guidelines.
- Sterile Storage, Distribution and Case Cart Assembly.
- Assembles case carts and distributes items in accordance with Departmental policy and procedure
Minimum Education: High School or GED
Minimum Certification: CPD Certification Required
Minimum Experience: 3 Years
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.