| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a Proposal Development Manager, experienced in research grants funding development, to join our Grants and Contracts team. Our Grants and Contracts department, a unit of the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA), manages the pre-award administration of research grants and contracts funded by federal, state, and private agencies.
As a Proposal Development Manager you will:
* Provide assistance to MSK investigators and researchers in enhancing the fundability of applications
* Work with faculty and others to identify funding sources
* Coordinate grant development for complex Center-wide research applications
* Engage in brainstorming/proposal development activities, interpret and explain funding agency and institutional requirements, and provide review and editing assistance, as well as training and outreach to the Center community
* Self-motivated, willing to take action, individual, with demonstrated ability to establish relationships, prioritize and multi-task on parallel projects
* Customer-focused and interested in collaboration
* Able to adapt in ambiguous situations and produce results
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with institutional goals
* An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding. Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your perspective and priorities
* A Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree preferred
* At least 5 years experience in a research administration office, preferably in basic and translational research
* Ability to independently apply a broad range of technical and specialized knowledge and significant job-related experience to handle complex work assignments
* Experience with the development/submission of research grants, and with reading and interpreting funding opportunities
* Expert knowledge of pre-award grant submission process
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.