| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Pharmacy Department utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model. The department has one of the most robust set of electronic clinical resources in the country and a dynamic medication safety program.
Across the Center, we review 1.5 million orders per year and dispense over three million doses of medication annually. The Pharmacy Department has more than 400 employees with approximately 200 pharmacists servicing patients in 26 pharmacy satellites, including inpatient unit-based satellites in all oncological specialties.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is one of the only health systems in the country that provides live, onsite, accredited continuing education pharmacy courses to help keep your credentials up to date. The department will also sponsor national and state membership for pharmacy organizations and appropriate off-site educational meetings. The size and scope of our organization provides many opportunities to advance your knowledge and grow your career.
Click to watch and learn more about Pharmacy at MSK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH_sY_YBxU.
We seek an overnight Pharmacist for our inpatient department at our main campus
- Highly motivated individual.
- Work well with other disciplines. Able to adapt to changing environment.
- Excellent judgment & communication skills
- Inpatient staffing position at main campus, overnight shift.
- Provides comprehensive clinical & dispensing services to all patient areas.
- Timely verification of all medication orders.
- Supervises & supports technical personnel.
- Technical support of Omnicells.
- Clean Room IV preparations.
- Attends codes, RRTs & provides in-services.
- Provides drug information to LIP’s & nursing staff
- Training & education of staff on new technology
- Works closely with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses and Respiratory Therapy to provide quality medication therapy.
- Involved in implementing new pharmacy technology & projects
- Comprehensive understanding of physician order entry/pharmacy system
- Willing & able to perform all staffing functions.
- Able to utilize computer applications such as Excel & Powerpoint.
- NY State Pharmacist License.
- Pharm D
- Minimum one year hospital experience or equivalent
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.