| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
A blend of business, science, and computer expertise, Health Information Management at MSK links healthcare clinicians with information technology and is the link between patient's health information and health insurers, state and federal government, and other regulating agencies. Our mission is leadership in the management and timely provision of reliable clinical information to authorized requesters through advanced systems, continuous education and re-evaluation in support of the prevention, treatment and cure of cancer.
MSK's HIM Department is seeking a Compliance Analyst, Sr to:
- Assist in the management of a coding and documentation compliance program for hospital billing.
- Maintains expertise in relevant CMS regulations and industry standards regarding coding and documentation of hospital technical services,
- Monitors compliance through oversight of periodic reviews of coding practices, including formal audits,
- Communicates directly with physicians, hospital administrators, Patient Accounts, and other departments to ensure clinical documentation is coded accurately, and in compliance with CMS, JCAHO and HIPAA standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum requirement.
- A Masters Degree (or professional school equivalent MHA, MSN, MBA, etc.) is the preferred requirement with 5-7 years of healthcare experience.
- Coding certification, preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting and implementing CMS regulatory requirements.
- This position requires the ability to use specialized knowledge and job-related experience such as billing, claims and LCD reviews.
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff; may function as a lead worker and/or head project teams.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.