| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Inspects, installs, repairs, replaces and troubleshoots pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating water, gases, drainage and venting systems of hospital facilities in accordance with NY City plumbing code
- Assess job to be accomplished: reviews blueprints, diagrams, work orders; discusses project with customer; determines appropriate materials to be used; gather equipment, tools and materials needed; prepares work area. Determine type and size of pipe to use and special fittings necessary for maintenance, repair and construction
- Perform either maintenance, repair, replacement or installation and piping of water gases, drainage and venting systems, fire standpipe, and sprinkler systems, and various plumbing fixtures (e.g., sinks, toilets, water heaters). Create/fit plumbing parts to accommodate job needs
- Respond to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service
- Maintain a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Ensure proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials
- High school, vocational trade school or equivalent
- Sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of NYC Plumbing Codes
- Knowledge of medical gas systems preferred
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Oxygen acetylene torches
- Ability to operate power tools such as: pipe threading machine, drill press, drills, electric saws, sewer routers, fuseal machines and coring machines
- Ability to bolt, solder, caulk, braze, cut passage holes in walls and floors with electric hand drill and narrow blade saw
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.