| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Performs routine and specialized carpentry and related tasks to construct, repair and maintain the condition and appearance of hospital building, facilities and furniture.
- Assesses job to be accomplished: review blueprints, diagrams, work orders; discuss project with customer; take measurements; determine appropriate materials to be used; gather equipment; tools and materials needed; prepare work area
- Build, repair and install as directed within the capabilities of the trade, such as: furniture, walls, counters, shelving, ceiling systems, flooring , scaffolding
- Respond to customer service questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service
- Maintain a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Ensures proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials
- Take necessary precautions to comply with institutional, departmental, or regulatory agency safety requirements
- High school, vocational trade school or equivalent
- Sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non routine difficulty with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to comprehend blueprints, technical drawings/renderings
- Mathematical ability to calculate angles, estimate materials required, etc
- Ability to operate a variety of power tools, equipment and hand tools
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.