| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The mission of the Cancer Biology and Genetics (CBG) Program is to pursue research bridging basic and clinical aspects of the genesis, progression, prognosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer. Research at CBG focuses on molecular and genetic determinants of cancer predisposition, tumor development and metastasis, and the nature of therapeutic targets and the basis for their response to therapy.
We currently have an opening for a Research Technician in a lab working on molecular biology of cancer metastasis. As a Research Technician you will assist scientists and other technicians in the performance of laboratory and investigative procedures by performing a variety of experimental techniques, including tissue culture. The Research Technician will collect, verify, record, and compile data and information in support of research.
Additional job duties include:
- Maintain animals (mice) and/or bacterial and tissue cultures for experimental purposes.
- Assist scientists and technicians by performing various investigative procedures, processing cell line requests and operating a variety of instruments and other scientific equipment.
- Collect, record, organize and verify the accuracy of data
- Perform calculations and prepare charts, graphs and reports. May use software applications to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and test reports.
- Configure and operate laboratory apparatus and instruments; read and record instrument data; tabulate data; keep laboratory records.
- Perform duties of Laboratory Assistant as required
- Participate in laboratory meetings.
- Order chemicals, reagents, and other laboratory supplies.
- Read literature applicable to research areas as required.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate field of science or technology or equivalent in education and experience.
Required Minimum Experience: 1 year
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.