| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Data Solutions Analyst / Developer to work as an integral part of the Enterprise Data Group in Information Systems that is responsible for hospital-wide analytics, data visualization, and reporting solutions. MSK has built an award winning data warehouse that contains a wealth of data collected over the past 25 years. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about data and excited to impact knowledge and decisions made throughout the organization in support of MSK’s mission to control and cure cancer.
As the Analyst / Developer, you will:
- Design and develop reports and dashboards for a wide range of requests.
- Work with requesters to determine and document the overall goals and specific requirements of each request.
- Develop detailed data reports using complex SQL.
- Develop appealing, interactive Tableau visualizations that answer key questions.
- Analyze existing processes with opportunities to use automated systems, and formulate new logic and processes.
- Create clear documentation including flowcharts, specifications, and wiki content.
- Conduct training.
- Strong knowledge in data analytics and data warehouse reporting solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of data/business analyst experience.
- Strong SQL skills (required).
- Experience with Cognos, Crystal Reports, or other reporting/analytics/business intelligence software.
- Experience with Tableau Desktop/dashboard development (preferred).
- Experience in health care environment (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interacting with clinicians, hospital administration, and staff from all facets of the organization is part of day to day responsibilities.
- Experience with training and documentation.
- Technical, design, and customer service orientation with comfort working independently and in groups.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.