| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 26th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Take a significant step in launching a successful career in healthcare by working as a Session Assistant or Physician Office Assistant for 11 weeks this summer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
In addition to Manhattan, we will have opportunities at the following Regional Sites:
- MSK Westchester, West Harrison, NY
- MSK Commack, Commack, NY
- MSK Rockville Centre, Rockville Centre, NY
- MSK Monmouth, Middletown, NJ
- MSK Basking Ridge, NJ
- Act as resource to patients and a liaison between the patient and the clinical team
- Find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays an important role in the fight against cancer
- Working towards your Bachelor's degree, preferably entering your Junior or Senior year
- Interested in a career in healthcare and/or hospital administration
- Able to work full time with flexible hours/days for 11 weeks starting on Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A strong ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with a positive demeanor
Our Hiring Process for the 2017 Summer Support Program
Step 1: Interested students must complete the job application by February 15, 2017.
Step 2: The Talent Acquisition team will review applications and contact students who meet the qualifications for a brief phone screen interview.
Step 3: Select students will be invited to interview in person at our facilities throughout the month of March.
Step 4: Students will be informed of selection decisions no later than April 15, 2017.
Step 5: Selected students must complete onboarding tasks (including medical clearance and employment verification) by May 15, 2017 to ensure they are cleared to start on May 30, 2017.
We offer a competitive hourly rate.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.