| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a Senior Research Technician to join our team. The Integrated Genomics Operation (IGO) is the data production engine of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO). The IGO supports many platforms: digital PCR, Nanostring, Next Generation and Sanger Sequencing and our approach is comprehensive: from tissue to genomics data. Our laboratory supports basic, translational and clinical research. The candidate will be joining IGO as a critical member of two teams, the Sequencing Team and the Analytics Team.
As a Senior Research Technician, you will:
- Perform necessary QC/QA and planning tasks prior to sequencing
- Operate the Illumina HiSeq and MiSeq instruments and monitor runs
- Run Sanger reactions and instruments, perform Sanger data QC and deliver results
- Enter/manipulate run information in the core Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Troubleshoot technical issues with vendor and coordinate any follow up visit
- Assist group leader to ensure orderly completion of project, in a timely fashion
- An enthusiastic researcher, organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work as an individual while part of a large team.
- Someone who can handle a very fast paced environment and the pressure associated with deadlines.
- An outstanding communicator.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological, Chemistry, or Science related field with at least 3 years of relevant full-time experience or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years full-time relevant experience.
- Previous exposure to Next Generation Sequencing work is a must. Experience with handling nucleic acids is preferable.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.